Exclusive, indulgent, once-in-a-lifetime dining collaborations between Malaysia’s best fine dining restaurants and Michelin-starred chefs from around the region.
- PRATEEK SADHU, MUMBAI
- DARREN TEOH, DEWAKAN, KUALA LUMPUR
- CHAI CHUN BOON, THE DINING ROOM, LANGKAWI
- AITOR JERONIMO ORIVE, BASQUE KITCHEN BY AITOR, SINGAPORE
- KIM HOCK SU, RESTAURANT AU JARDIN, PENANG
- JOHNSON WONG, GĒN, PENANG
- SUN KIM, META, SINGAPORE
- IVAN BREHM, NOURI, SINGAPORE
- SHAUN NG, HIDE, KUALA LUMPUR
- RISHI NALEENDRA, CLOUDSTREET, SINGAPORE
- MUI KAI QUAN, SHHHBUUULEEE, KUALA LUMPUR
- JOHANNE SIY, LOLLA, SINGAPORE
- AIDAN LOW, AKAR DINING, KUALA LUMPUR
- RAY ADRIANSYAH & EELKE PLASMEIJER, LOCAVORE, BALI
- DANIEL & TAMARA CHAVEZ, CANCHITA PERUVIAN KITCHEN, SINGAPORE
- GARY ANWAR, EMBER, KUALA LUMPUR
- JORDY NAVARRA, TOYO EATERY, MANILA
- JEREMY GILLON, RESTAURANT JAG, SINGAPORE
The Kita Food Festival is an annual event offering a range of exceptional experiences with some of the finest chefs, winemakers and food thinkers from around the globe.
Beyond offering a taste of particularly good food and drink, Kita aims to spotlight Malaysia’s emerging place in the regional restaurant scene, while offering inspiration and skills for the younger generation of food producers – and a platform for discussing food consumption and the restaurant industry.
Kita means “us” or “we” in Malay. This is in recognition that the Kita Food Festival is an inclusive and all-embracing event regardless of race, colour, creed or socio-economic status. It appreciates that in the act of eating, the production of food and caring for a sustainable future, the festival’s main themes - we are one.
Kita is a community. Join us from September to November in Langkawi, Penang and Kuala Lumpur.
A brief outline of Kita events
A series of kitchen takeovers and guest chef collaborations designed to be fun- often quirky- and vitally, easy on the wallet.
Small, intimate masterclasses where guest chefs, industry experts and food producers divulge their knowledge- and secrets.
A platform for chefs, producers and F&B industry leaders to converge and discuss the topics and issues that are shaping their world today.
A free-to-attend skills-strengthening program for select Malaysian junior chefs designed to broaden their horizons and positively build and strengthen the industry.
Big Sunday Barbecue
Open flames, cold drinks, a bit of buzz, and barbecue dishes fired by a platoon of chefs based all around Southeast Asia, coming together at Tiffin at the Yard.